Camp Update: We Need Your Help
Posted on May 4, 2023
We are saddened to share that we did not qualify this year for grant funding from the Canada Summer Jobs Program to support our camp program. Funding from grants normally covers half of our camp budget each year, and subsidizes the registration fees for all of our campers by approximately 40%. The shortfall is $20,000. That is a lot, but I know we have an incredible community of support around us. I have no doubt that we will find a way to close our shortfall for 2023 and ensure the smooth running of our amazing program this summer.
We will gratefully receive support from individuals, but do you know a business who might be interested in helping sponsor our amazing camp and leadership training program?
- We are a unique community based summer day camp program, with a long track record of quality programming and affordability
- Over 100 kids are touched by our camp program each summer, giving them a safe, welcoming place to play, grow, and create community
- While all of our spots are subsidised by the generosity of the community, we offer at least 1 in 10 spots at no cost to families who need the added support
- We train over 50 middle and high school students EACH YEAR in leadership, teamwork, programming and child development skills
- All sponsorships and donations are given tax receipts for their support
- Sponsorships of $1,000 or more will be recognized publicly in our socials (if desired)
- Sponsorships of $5,000 or more will have their logos included in our camp communications and marketing (if desired)
If you would like more information about how you can support our 2023 camp program, or would like to arrange a sponsorship, please reach out to Jen Auger. I know that together, we can make this happen!View All News Articles